
"Your baby's crown to rump length is 3.2 to 4.5 inches long and he weighs approximately 1 ounce now. Your baby is about the size of the average fist. At this time, your baby's face is becoming more developed. The cheeks and bridge of his nose appear and the ears move from the sides of his neck to much higher on his head. The eyes continue to come closer together. A big development from this week onward is the development of lanugo. Lanugo is the fine hair that grows over almost your entire baby. The hairs grow in whirled patterns that follow the grain of his skin. These patterns later give way to your baby's fingerprints. The lanugo will be shed before birth and replaced by thicker, coarser hairs. Your baby's thyroid gland has matured and starts to produce hormones. If your baby is a boy, the prostate will appear and the ovaries descend from the abdomen into the pelvis in baby girls. The embryo`s soft cartilage is now being replaced with ` real` chalk bones. Your baby has eyebrows, but no eyelashes. Fine, light hair also begins to grow. "
Erik's new nickname for me: Buddha... I hate it!
Haha... what's sad is I think he actually believes it is a sweet term of endearment...
I know it's still pretty early, but I have felt some fluttering a couple times and wondered if the baby isn't getting a "running start" and ramming into me. It hasn't been anything definite or very strong yet. I am pretty skeptical, but am definitely looking forward to the day that little one gives me a good kick!
Oh and by the way... I think Hammie is going to have a good taste for spicy foods. I fed him/her about 11 stuffed jalepenos this weekend. MMMMM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment