So we watched the movie Juno this weekend and it inspired a whole new nickname that Erik has to call me now. In the movie Juno's dad calls her the "Puffy version of my daughter Juno" and Erik looked at me and grinned. I knew I was in for it. He kept calling me "Puffy version of my Colie." I told him that this would just not work he was going to just have to call me outright fat or quit with the nicknames. Haha.... he still insists that they are terms of endearment. So he asked me about an hour later what I thought about "Cream Puff Colie"... while I still am in favor of just Colie, it's much better than "Puffy version of my Colie."Oh and the baby is about the size of a soft ball! That seems huge to me. I was still getting used to the little one inch Hammie! The doctor said everything looks good and baby's heart rate was 163 this time. The nurse said that the baby was probably sleeping!
"Barely 4 inches long and less than 2 ounces, your baby's doing some pretty remarkable stuff for such a mini thing. For example, by the end of this week, she'll be able to form a fist with her teeny hands! Hair is also sprouting on her head now, as are the beginnings of two tiny eyebrows. These days, her body is covered by a layer of ultra-fine hair, called lanugo, which will help protect her delicate skin until birth.
Your baby's body is growing faster than her head now, balancing out the brain-heavy look she's had until this point. Her heart is hard at work pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day; when she's born, that number will increase to nearly 300 quarts a day. Her skeleton continues to take shape this week, with more bone building and muscle development every day."
No comments:
Post a Comment