Friday night I graduated! I am so relieved to have that behind me and can now finally look forward to teaching! I am definitely ready to get in the classroom. Here is a picture my dad took at graduation of my growing bump, haha. 

On Saturday my mom and mother-in-law threw me a party and you would not believe all of the gifts I received. It was insane! I had friends there that I haven't seen in months so it was great to catch up with everyone.
Yesterday Erik woke me up with a big present in my lap. It was fetal heart beat monitor. I was so excited! I can now strap it on my stomach and listen to the baby. It has head
phones, and even plugs into the computer to make mp3s! So cool. So the box says it typically can pick up the beat starting at 20 weeks, but you know me... I had to test the theory. So I laid on my couch with the headphones stuck in my ears for about an hour last night waiting to hear something. The only thing I would hear was an occassional thump. I got out the brochure that came with the machine and it says that the thumps are the baby moving! It was too cool. Oh and yesterday morning at church the moms all got flowers and silver crosses and they included me! It was so sweet. I have the best church family!
Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight. The child can grasp with his hands, kick, or even somersault. At this time, your baby is holding her head erect. Because her muscles are developing, she can make some faces now. Your baby is able to squint, frown and open its mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. Your baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because your baby is moving well now, you may begin to feel his movements! Some women say that the early movements feel like gas bubbles or a slight flutter. If you have not yet felt the baby move, don't worry. Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy. You may feel your heart beating 'louder'. This is because there is a lot more blood in your body than normal. (about 20-25% more)
If you want to see more pictures of my weekend go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/nikkidanw.
No comments:
Post a Comment