Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hammie's Heartbeat

I just got back from my second doctor appointment and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was amazing! At the request of my parents I took a tape recorder and recorded it. I borrowed a huge tape recorder from my work and lugged it to the doctor's office like a big dork. I thought Erik was going to die of embarrassment when I pulled it out of my purse and asked the nurse if I could record it! He joked and said "Is that the biggest recorder you can find?". So she found the heartbeat on the left side of my stomach and we tried to record it, but it didn't work. So... as we were leaving she offered to take us back again and try. We took her up on that and this time the baby was on the right side of my stomach. It recorded perfectly! You can even hear this squishing noise that is the baby moving! It was so cool. Erik and I played it over and over on our way home. I'm back at work now lugging this tape recorder around asking everyone who walks by if they want to hear. Of course they are so sweet and stop, but I know they're probably thinking "CRAZY WOMAN!" ha ha. I'm so proud of that little thumping!

1 comment:

Maegan said...

We are already THOSE parents, the ones who can't wait to share something about the most beautiful baby in the world! Of course we are 100% correct! I can't wait to find out what little hammie will be!!!!