Thursday, March 6, 2008

First Doctor Appointment

Yesterday Erik and I went to my first doctor appointment. It was kind of nerve wracking.... For some weird reason I half expected them to look at me like I was crazy and say "No, you're not pregnant... it's just all in your head," as if all the symptoms weren't enough to make me believe it. He told me that my official due date is October 27th... which is right in between the two guesses I received from Maegan and Aunt Terri. That means I am 6 weeks and 3 days along. I left the doctor's office with three bags full of goodies.... vitamins... magazines... coupons...oh my!

Above all I was just really proud of myself that I didn't cry when they stuck me with a needle. Having more than a slight aversion... haha.... okay, okay...TERROR... of needles, this is a HUGE accomplishment for me. Erik can vouch for me on that!

Yesterday I also bought the first 'baby' thing since I have been pregnant. I bought a onesie and a sleeper at Kohls on clearance. They are so cute and little! I got a sleeper that says "Baby's First Christmas" and a onesie that says "Santa's Little Helper". Too cute. I am going to spoil this kid to death. It is all actually sinking in now and though I am terrified 'as-all-get-out' about the birth, I am sooo excited for our baby to get here!

No comments: