
Today is a big day in our house! Dillyn said her first words... she looked at me, open and closed her hand in a wave and said "bye-bye". We were in the middle of the isle in Hobby Lobby and I just had tears welling up and spilling over. I was so excited! She has been jabbering at us for months, but this is the first time she has said something and connected it to a meaning. I will never forget the shock and pride I felt at that moment. After she saw how happy she made me she went through Hobby Lobby waving at everyone saying "bye-bye". I could not ask for more in life!
Oh and here's a picture that CRACKS me up. Today I was eating blackberries and decided to share with Miss D!
2 comments:
This pic cracks me up! You look so great! Dillyn is such a smart girl! I can't wait to here her say bye bye. Sophia's first word was Hi, so now we have Hi and Bye Bye! You go miss 7 and 1/2 months and saying your first word!!!!!!! We'll just call her Alberta Einstein!
I meant hear her! I guess nobody would know I'm a teacher!
Post a Comment